Monday, August 27, 2007

Finding Your Hobby

I never really had any exciting hobbies before and now I am happy I have found my niche. Since I have learned how to knit, I have realized there are so many things you can make from knitting…scarves, purses, socks, throws, and other odds and ends. Knitting gives you such an accomplished feeling when you have completed your project. I think this is ideal for me because I like to see results from things and knitting is just that. When I start with a skein of yarn and end up with an amazing purse or scarf, I wonder, “Did I really make this?” it makes me feel great.

Hobbies are enjoyable and everyone should find something they like to do, whether it is collecting things, working around the house, playing video games, knitting, exercising, it does not matter. Many people think they do not have a hobby, but in reality they do. The good thing about having a hobby is that it is for you! If you enjoy it and it’s something you do more than once a week, it is a hobby, your hobby.

1 comment:

Travis said...

My problem is that I find too many things interesting. I end up having a new hobby every other week. Not that I mind, though. It keeps things interesting and allows me to get away from the tube for a few hours a week. Its a nice feeling to have an interest that is yours alone.