Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Knitting Books

Knit MI Melissa (2)Boutique Knits: 20+ Must-Have AccessoriesI’m working on the hat on the cover of Boutique Knits and it is starting to turn out nice. I have only gotten as far as the ruffle and band portion. When I have completed the project I will have to share it will you. When I went to Knit Michigan this past month, I bought the yarn for this hat. I bought Lush, which is angora and wool, in a burnt orange color (color 4468) and Aurglit, which is a metallic yarn in gold and black. The picture to the right are the colors of the hat I am working on. The Aurglit adds a little sparkle to the hat and is what the pattern calls for. The book is excellent and there are some really nice patterns that I can’t wait to work on. 

Knit to Be Square: Domino Designs to Knit and FeltKnit to be Square is another book I recently bought and has some really interesting ideas pertaining to domino knitting that I can’t wait to get started on. I just love the concepts in this book!

3 comments:

Verious said...

That hat looks really cute!

mary said...

What a cute hat!

mary said...

Looks cute because your wearing it!