Friday, August 29, 2008

Dogs have Rights too!

I watched this video last night about how a guy was racing to the hospital because his dog was choking. The guy was going very fast and was frantic, because he wanted to save his dog's life. If you are not an animal lover or do not own pets, I guess it may be a little difficult to understand. However, it is important to have compassion for all living things.

Due to the high speed he was traveling, a cop stopped this guy and took 20 minutes to write a speeding ticket. In the mean time, the dog died. I would have been furious and out of control if this happened to my dog. The cop thought the guy was on something because of his frantic behavior and his concern for his dog's life.

I feel this situation should have been handled differently. The cop should had followed the the man to the hospital. The cop even had the audacity to say something like, "it's just a dog, you can get a new one". When I saw this video, I felt overwhelming anger towards the cop and the legal system, as well as immense sadness for the loss of the dog's life. We need to voice our opinions about this! Please view this video and share you opinion. What do you think should have taken place?

No comments: